Divorce can be a multiple step legal process involving property division, spousal support, and most importantly child custody. In the state of Missouri, child custody laws consider the best interest of the child and or children when determining custody.
FACTORS IN DETERMINING CUSTODY
There are numerous factors that go into determining custody which can be as follows:
- The parent’s willingness to maintain the parent/child relationship with the non-custodial parent
- Relocation (if the parent is looking into relocating to a different town or even a different state)
- The Child’s own interests
- Any history or evidence abuse or neglect
TYPES OF CHILD CUSTODY
The different types can be:
- Both joint and legal custody to both parents
- Joint Custody to both parents; while sole legal custody is to one parent
- Joint Legal Custody; with sole physical custody to one parent
- Sole custody to one parent (includes both physical and legal)
We can help your decide which type of child custody is best in your situation.
HOW WE CAN HELP WITH YOUR CHILD CUSTODY CASE
Here at Byrnes Law Firm we are dedicated to making the child custody process as simple and painless as possible. We strive to make sure that each client knows the strengths and the weaknesses in their case enable them to make the best decision possible when it comes to their children.
Contact us today if you are facing divorce or changes to your child custody agreement. Let Byrnes Law Firm help you make the right decision.